Wednesday, February 22, 2012

We took the offspring on a little surprise weekend trip to Dallas last week. I have started calling it “The Trip That Almost Didn’t Happen..” Here’s why: We kept it a secret from them and I spent the day on Thursday getting everyone packed. Not an easy task I assure you. Anyhoo, as we were winding down that night with our nighttime routine of bath and before bed snack of fruit or yogurt, there suddenly came the loudest crash followed by even louder wailing and screaming.  Before I got to the scene, I knew it was Big D.  Poor kid. I swear everything happens to him. As he was descending from the bench  of our kitchen table to the floor, somehow the bench flipped on its side and slammed down on his big toe. When I finally got to him he was on the couch screaming and writhing around like an earthworm that has been plucked from his dirt hole and thrown on the ground. We finally got him calmed down and figured out what happened.  J. took him to after hours clinic and got the blood drained from under the toenail. When they got home, he was still hurting quite a bit. He finally fell asleep around 1 a.m. The next morning we went to get an xray to be sure it wasn’t broken.  It wasn’t, but I’m telling you, it looked awful. Since it wasn’t broken we made the executive decision to go ahead and go on the trip. So, we told them what we had planned and everyone was soooo excited.  We loaded up the troops and set off.  We folded the seat down in front of D. and put a pillow on it and he rode the four hour trip with the gimp foot propped up. As seen here: (along with some Pringles..)

February 2012 003

We rode around downtown the night we got there and there were quite a few “oohhhs and ahhhs” coming from the backseat.  I took several pics. but they really didn’t turn out,so they didn’t make the cut for the blog.  Our first stop the next day was the Dallas Aquarium. Very cool place.February 2012 022

February 2012 049

Davis and the sloth having a staredown….I believe the sloth won.February 2012 053

Peek a boo….February 2012 055

I have an urge for some Fruit Loops right now….February 2012 061

How bout I leave you with a cute kid pic….February 2012 070

No comments: