Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Play-doh

Sister’s party this year was a Play-doh theme.  Lotsa bright colors. This girl loves play-doh and loves bright colors so it worked out wonderfully.

February 2013 030

 

The party favors were my favorite part. Well, at first the cake was my favorite until about 1 hour before party time. Then, the favors became my favorite.  I tend to really like the things that don’t give me any trouble.  I tend to really dislike the things that do give me trouble.February 2013 031

Like I said, at first the cake was my favorite thing about the party..I thought it turned out pretty cute.  The play-doh sign and her name were cut out of sugar sheets that I found in the cake section at Hobby Lobby. you just cut your shape and stick it on the icing. Easy.IMG_6162

Here’s why the cake fell out of my good graces. One hour before the party I look at the cake and nearly had a mild stroke.  Who am I kidding? I had a stroke, heart attack and seizure all at the same time.  The stupid sugar sheet SLID down the cake and pulled all the icing with it! Not sure how long I stood there staring at it, but I eventually got control of myself and began the tedious task of repairing the damage… IMG_0127

This was the best I could do.  The slightest pressure on this stuff and it riiiiiiiiiiips.  I tore that sucker into three huge pieces, and that was being as careful as possible.  Which is amazing in itself since I really wanted to hurl it through the kitchen window. While I was carefully trying to put it all back together I was sweating bullets and could hear my heartbeat  roaring in my ears.  I was also silently saying a gazillion prayers that Sister would not walk in the kitchen and see what had happened.  She had already had a meltdown when I told her the puppy had chewed on her favorite red sparkly shoes….February 2013 032

No comments: