Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Yesterday while Cooper and I were doing his homework Davis came bustin' through the back door telling us to "come see this". We went out onto the deck and on the steps was this fella...
We scooped him up and put him inside the butterfly house that cooper got for his birthday and went to the internet to try and figure out what he was. As far as I can tell, I THINK he's a luna moth caterpillar. Last night after the boys were in bed, I noticed he had crawled his way to the top of the net and had some silky threads around him. I thought that mabye he was going to make his cocoon. When I got up this morning and checked on him, I saw he had been quite the busy little bee, er, caterpillar!
Out of kid pics again....sorry. We'll keep you posted on the events of our caterpillar. I'm sure he will have a name by tonight! Wonder how long he'll be all wrapped up? Two weeks maybe?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: