Tuesday, November 3, 2009

After a bit of gentle persuading, I hosted a neighborhood costume contest. I didn't want to do it. Didn't think I could. But, I did.
Ms. Fran always had something going on at her house for the kids of the 'hood on Halloween. Back in September she called me from the hospital with the idea for a costume contest, and told me to "get on it". Well, I sorta put it on the back burner when she just didn't get better. Then, well, she died. I really didn't think I could do it. But, two days before Halloween I decided I could and that it needed to be done. So, I made a bunch of phone calls and several trips to Wal-Mart, and it was done.


We ended up with about 20 or more kids for the contest. I told everyone that after the contest, they were invited back at 6:30 to trick or treat as a group.

We couldn't decide on a winner, so I wrote down all the names of the costumes and we drew out of a hat. This pic shows most of the contestents, some didn't feel like taking part in a group photo.
I think everyone had a great time. Including Ms. Fran, whom I am sure was looking down on us and smiling.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: