Friday, April 8, 2011

I can remember when I was pregnant with Cooper kinda freaking out a bit about how to feed kids and give them what they NEED. I calmed myself by realizing, jarred baby food has it all done for me and all I had to do was "pop the top" on a jar and BAM! Nutrition! Then, when Coop was ready for table food, freaking out again about how to feed a toddler and give him what he NEEDS...Then i found this awesome cookbook that showed how to make healthy foods for toddlers. YAY!! Nutrition! Upon the discovery of said cookbook I was now expecting BigD. This cookbook also taught how to make homemade baby food! I was so excited, and got started right away..pureeing veggies and freezing them for when my baby was old enough for them. Pretty much everything Big D first ate was homemade baby food. He was a great eater as a baby. Now, it's a different story all together. While the boys were little, I did a fairly good job of making sure they got what the needed. I had them eating peas, corn, spinach, broccoli, and somethimes even asparagus! Not bad huh? Anyway, when I was expecting Rubye Ann, things changed. I got lazy.. that was a lot of work. I had already decided I was not going to have the time to make homemade baby food for her, and i was ok with that. I'd figure out a way to get her to eat the good stuff, afterall, I had done it with the boys successfully. So, she arrives. Not exactly the best arrival and she totally threw our house and world upside down (in a good way)! So after we got done with jar food with her I started introducing all the stuff I had given the boys. Pasta mixed with cheese sause and different veggies hidden inside. She loved the pasta and cheese. LOVED the pasta and cheese. I mean L O V E D the pasta and cheese. Did I mention she loved the pasta and cheese?? The veggies? Not so much. I have battled with her ever since on the veggie thing..thinking eventually she will eat them. Nope. The other night I told her she was big enough to eat a salad like her bubbies do. So I tore up some spinach leaves and put them on all the kids plates. then put some ranch dressing on the side for the "salad". The boys ate theirs up first thing...the girl however, did this: When I asked her what she was doing she said.."I dont like the green leaves mama." *sigh*

No comments: