Monday, December 8, 2008

The Beasts..aka Mocha and Dutch

These two animals are free..if you want 'em. I'm still angry with them from their little "escapade" from Firday morning. I'll share it with you. First of all, they do have electric collars on. Mocha's is usually the one that runs down. When hers does, we ALWAYS hear a very annoying beeping to let us know about it. Well. Evidently Dutch's went down Friday morning without so much as a warning. Had no idea. No clue. I had just finished feeding Rubye Ann and DAvis was playing. We were all still in our jammies. Afterall, Fridays are usually jammie days around here. So anyway, I'm talking to a friend and I happen to walk by the back door and there is this man standing there. I've only seen him a handful of times and I was pretty sure who he was, but I was still freaked out nonetheless. He obviously doesn't come around much b/c he rang the doorbell. Our doorbell doesn't work, never has. No telling how long the poor guy had been standing there before I walked by. I opened the door and the conversation goes like this:

Man: You have two big brown dogs don't you?
Me: Yes.
Man: Well, I just saw them chasing a runner down Tech Drive. You might want to go get them.
Me: But they have on their collars.....
Man: Like I said, You better go get them before they get too far....
Me: (still in disbelief walks outside to see if they are in the dog room....they weren't)

My friend is on the line hearing all of this, I think I told her bye, not really sure. Anyway, I grabbed Rubye ann and told Davis to go get buckled in b/c we had to find the dogs. I called Jamie and told him to help me look for them. Oh yeah, it was 35 degrees outside. So I got the two kids I had with me loaded up and we set off. I saw them right away. They were on Tech campus just frolicking away without a care in the world. The runner was gone. Poor girl. When I drove up, they stopped their frolicking and looked at me with what appeared to be great big doggy smiles and wagged their tails so hard their backends were wagging too. It was almost like they were saying, "Yippee, Mamas here to join the fun." Well, they got the first part right...Mama's here..but not to join the fun....
I slammed the car into park and jumped out. Please remember...jammie day. So I jump out grab Mocha first and pull her to the back of Sweetness. (That's our minivan). Picture it....Mocha basically sitting down, me pulling her by the collar, her rearend is draggin on the groundb/c she will not stand. She knew she was in trouble. I pulled her up off the ground and pushed her in the very back. As I started to close the back of the van, she would jump out and I'd have to start all over again. The back does that automatic close thing . It seemed to move REALLY slow that morning. It also has a feature that if something gets in the way of it closing, it will re-open. Well, it works JUST FINE!!! Finally, I got her in. Then I went for Dutch. He was scared by this point and was NOT MOVING. Dutch is considerably heavier that Mocha. I pulled him around the the passenger side and opened the door. At that moment Dutch became DEAD WEIGHT. Again, picture it....35 degrees, me in jammies. Big blue ones with a big fluffy bed jacket(those things like a robe only shorter) and slippers with holes in them.... I've wrapped my arms around Dutch under his front legs and am trying to lift him up to get him in the van. He would take his legs and spread them out so they would not go in...almost like a cat does when you try to put them in a sink of water, ever tried that? Yeah, well don't. Everytime he did that I would drop him b/c he was so heavy and the whole process would start over. At one point I mamaged to get his legs in the van and then I went to push his backend in, as soon as i did that he turned around and jumped out again. This happened several times. I was FURIOUS, in my blue jammies and slippers! I finally got the bright idea to get in first and pull him in. So I did just that, I pulled him in. After another struggle I was able to get him in, I leaned over and closed the van door. There I was hunched over the stupid dog in the middle of the van. I was forced to crawl over the seat to get to the front. I have no idea what the kids faces looked like. When I finally sat down I was sweating and my lungs were burning from all the cold air I had sucked in. I called Jamie and said I had them. I told him he needed to come on home and get them out of the van b/c if he didn't I was going to kill them on the spot!!!

Jamie got them out and saw that Dutch's collar had gone down and Mocha's was fine. Apparently, when Dutch saw the runner girl and began chasing her, Mocha took off with him and busted through the electric fence. I hope it was worth it for her!!

I'm still mad!!!!! Oh yeah, all of this was happening right in front of a row of rent houses that are occupied by college students. No doubt there was one or two peeking out at the crazy lady in her jammies trying to get two huge dogs in minivan! Classic.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Gilbert Family's Great Adventures said...

Forgot to add that said "friend" on the phone was laughing hysterically when you got back home and IM'ed me...whew...good thing said "friend" was safe on the other end of the computer...Chihuahua was on a roll!