Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's official. I've gone batty. Literally.
Yesterday was a crazy day. I had an extra six year old with us from about 8 am until 5. So the house was buzzing a bit more than usual. After lunch we had an appointment to get out chimney cleaned. Well, the guys showed up early, like while the kids were eating. So that eneded lunch. Davis watched with his hands over his ears. They were here about 30 minutes or so. I was out in the front yard with what seemed like the entire gaggle of neighboorhood kids when the chimney folks left. They also left our back dooor open btw. The mom of my extra six year old came by to check on him and I went inside with her. We are standing in the kitchen talking and she has Rubye Ann while I begin the FIRST attempt to clean up from lunch. Rubye Ann begins to kick her feet and point her arm in the direction of the breakfast room and making an "uh, uh uh" noise. My friend says "What is she doing?" I said, "Something has caught her eye and she wants to go see it." So, said friend starts walking in the direction of Rubye Ann's arm Then stops and says with quite a bit of alarm in her voice, "What is that? On the floor, what is that? Is that a bat?"
I swing around to see this little fuzzy brown lump on the floor flopping around.
YEP. IT. IS. A. BAT!!!!!!!!!!!
At that point I'm totally completely freaked out. Can you blame me?!?!!? I mean really, a bat. I called our neighboors next door and asked her to send her husband over to help. So he comes over grabs a pastic bag, covers it up and PICKS IT UP....ALIVE. He carries it outside and LETS IT GO! I personally would have much rather it had been killed, but at least it was out of my house, so I was not gonna be picky at that point. That bat crawls out on the bag and flops around kinda drunk like on the concrete and then takes flight, COMES RIGHT AT ME then flies over my head and off way up high somewhere. I think I must have had a few small heart attacks during this whole thing. So, I'm thinking we got a visit from our bat because the chimney was cleaned out. Which means.....THAT NASTY, THING HAS BEEN LIVING IN THERE FOR WHO KNOWS HOW LONG...... Do you have the heebie jeebies? I do.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: