Friday, May 27, 2011

What's new in the neighborhood? Well, let me show you....


Today was a big day for us. We put our house that we have loved for 8 years on the market. Last weekend we made an offer on a house and this week it was accepted. So, the wheels are in motion.
We have been talking about looking and have actually looked on and off for about 8 months. We set out with firm minds that it would have to be AWESOME for us to leave what we have.
It would need to have this....or have to have that...etc.
At one point we even toyed around with the idea of buying land and building.
But, last week we went, and by we I mean all 5 of us, went to look at a house. We all fell in love with it. Even the boys. We made an offer that evening. By middle of this week it was accepted. So, now we need to sell ours. I love this old house. It has tons of characher. My babies learned to walk here, fell down stairs here, learned to ride bikes here, had birthday parties here..you get the idea. so, while I'm excited to begin this new journey, there is part of me that gets a bit teary.
With that being said, it is time to "detatch" ourselves from our house.
So, that is what I did all day today. Packed up personal items like pictures, books, memories, and I also de-cluttered. Packed up toys, stuffed animals, junk in general.


We need to create as much space as possible so that when someone comes to look, they won't be caught up in all of our hoarding, I mean displaying of things that we love....
The youngsters and I went to rent a storage unit this morning, and then we began the process of packing items to put in storage. Sister even got in on the action.
I like the added touch of her bicycle helment.


Here is what she chose to be placed in storage... a couple of puzzles, some beanie babies, a pink pony, and a magna doodle.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Brandi Hasley said...

We'll be praying it sells quickly for you with as little stress as possible.