Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I'm the type of person that, when I decide I want to do something, I want it done yesterday. I got an idea a few months ago and couldn't wait to get started. Then, life got in the way and I forgot all about it. Well, a couple of weeks ago I didn't have anything to do.....yeah right....actually, I didn't feel like folding the upteenth load of laundry and unloading the dishwasher for the bizillionth time, so I looked around for something more interesting and that's when I remembered my idea.
We have our attic access on the wall of the kids playroom. It's a big square piece that just pops off and you walk right in. My idea had been to turn it into a chalkboard. All I had to do was paint it. You can literally buy paint that turns anything into a chalkboard surface!!
Of course, I decide to do this on a day when my little shadow was in rare form...
She "helped" me tape off the edges and then "helped" some more when I pulled out the paint
We painted for the better part of the morning.

The finished product....I just love having a project!! Hmm...wonder what I can do next????

P.S. They looooove their new chalkboard!!! :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: