Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Time for our traditional gingerbread train. I found this idea in a magazine several years ago. We made the train that first year for our
Christmas card picture. I had no intentions of doing this every year. Well, the next year Cooper asked about it and said he wanted to do it again, so, we did. We have made it every year since 2006. In the past, I had to make the dough and that took forever. This year, I found a mix and used that instead. I think if we do it next year, I'll go back to making the dough. Reason being, this year was the worst train by far... the pieces didn't bake even and were way too soft. We usually lose the caboose after the fifth or sixth day....we lost the caboose the first day!!! I could tell a difference in the dough after I mixed it....the dough I made was very stiff and hard to mix...this stuff this year... was NOT!! Oh well, live and learn!! The boys still had fun!!
Here's D licking icing off his finger. He spent most of his time doing that...I think he would "accidently" get icing on himself just so he could lick it off!


The caboose bit the dust a few short hours after this pciture was taken!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: