Thursday, May 17, 2012

 

So, onto the roller coaster at Animal Kingdom..Expedition Everest:  Sure is big. Sure is faaaaast.May 2012 165

It’s kind of loomimg in the background here…not looming as in photo bomber, but loomimg and laughing at all the fools getting on thinking “Oh it won’t be that fast…” Uh huh.May 2012 166

My big boy was feeling all kinds of brave and said he wanted to get on. So, we all climbed on minus Big D. and RA.  They were the smart ones.  He was all smiles before the ride. Not so much afterwards.  He didn’t cry, but he was definitely ready to get off and NOT get back on.  He was such a brave fella.  I was proud of him for giving it a shot!  Oh, and Coop did good too!!  SmileMay 2012 169

I’m kidding of course!  After it was over we took C. back to hang with the rest of the group and J. and S. and I went back for another ride.  Why?  I haven’t the foggiest idea..I guess I was still in shock that I had actually gotten on a roller coaster that I was talking out of my head.  So we go back..I tried to document as much of the ride as I could.  Up we go..May 2012 171

The infamous Yeti…I was told this guy actually jumps out at you at one point in the ride.  S. and I discussed that at one point and both of us never saw it.  Well, I found out after we got home that he actually does jump out, but it is when you are inside the mountain when it is dark.  Well, I’m sorta a scaredy cat, sissy, whimp, whatever you want to call it, and I spent most of this ride with my eyes closed as tightly as possible and my head down willing it to be over..so I guess I missed it.May 2012 172

Going down the first curve. This one teased me pretty good.  I remember thinking, oh this isn’t so bad…umm yeah.May 2012 173

End of the road. It’s supposed to look like the Yeti destroyed the track.  You literally sit here a few minutes.  Long enough to snap pictures  and to start to get a bit nervous because there is only one way to go..backwards and it is fairly steep right here.  This is where I thought the Yeti jumped out.  Nope.  May 2012 183

After a couple of minutes, you literally start rolling backwards and gain speed FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST and go through the rest of the ride that way at 70+ speeds!  Crazy scary.  I am sooo done with that one.  Can’t believe I went on it twice! TWICE!!! 

No comments: