Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Our first full day was spent here...

After a bit of uphill and downhill walking..(I'm telllin' you, that place is the hilliest amusement park EVER!!) we happened upon the first ride. The swings. UGH!!
Jamie was ready to get the boys in line but I hesitated a bit. Because, #1 It goes really high and you turn from side to side. and (B) Davis is a bit like me and needs to think about "scary" things and "work it out" in his head if he really wants to do something.
I wanted him to see it before he climbed up there and got scared in the middle of the ride and then be scarred for life. (NOT that I'm speaking from experience or anything..)
So, here they are "checking out" the swings. As you can see form Cooper's face, he was ready!! Davis on the other hand needed a while to decide....

When the ride was ready to re-load, Cooper was READY!! Guess who the lucky dog was to go with him?!?!?
Yep. Me. Oh joy of joys. First of all, I don't like the swings. I prefer the playground variety. But Cooper asked me to, so I did. You see me smiling in the picture, but I'm not happy. I'm terrified.
I don't like heights either. The picture is to small, but if you enlarge it and look at my hands, you will see some WHITE KNUCKLES. Scared I tell ya. There we are being flung around in a circle held on by four measly chains and a bar across the front. I felt so vunerable and unprotected. Feet just dangling above concrete... UGH!!


Of course, this turned out to be one of Cooper's most favorite rides. After about the 4th time, I finally had to tell him, "Mommy really doesn't enjoy the swings very much. How about Daddy go?" Davis did eventually decide to go on them and he did decide he liked them. So, I went with him too a few times. Whew..glad that's over...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: