Monday, August 24, 2009

When we finished the Kiddie Coaster, we stopped for lunch. As we were coming out of the restroom, I noticed a curved section of a ride above us with some water dripping out. I ASSUMED it was the good 'ole log ride. So I told Jamie I could take the boys first, then if they liked it, he could go with them again. So off we went. The boys and I got in line and waited, then began to climb a bunch of stairs. I was thinking, " I don't remeber this ride having stairs..." but then again, the last time I was there, I think I was 10. Maybe 12. So, we get to the halfway point of the stairs and a ride worker asks us how many people we have. I said 3. She told us to step on a grey square, then she told us to stand off to the side. We needed one more person. I thought, "That's weird....I remember riding the log ride with just my cousin and me.."
Finally, a family came up that had too many people, so the dad offered to ride with us. Then the worker told all four of us to stand in the square. This time, she let us go on up. So, there we are in line with a total stranger, making small talk. Fun.
I was looking around at the people around us and noticed that there were a lot of folks who were very wet. I'm talking WET folks. Like, 'just-stepped-out-of-a-shower-with-clothes-on' wet. I was giggling to myself about how silly they looked. Then, I looked over the edge of the fence and saw one of the boats go by with people in it. The first thing I noticed was that it was NOT the "tree log" that I remembered. I turned to our stranger and said, "WOW. They've made some changes to this ride since the last time I was here. It used to be that you rode down in a boat made to look like a tree log. Now, I see they have rafts instead." Stranger says,"Oh really. This used to have logs too? We just got off a ride that had a big log and you rode around on then went down a big hill and splashed down at the bottom." I just stared at him. He had just described to me the LOG RIDE THAT I THOUGHT WE WERE WAITING TO GET ON!!!!!!!!!!!
Great. Now what do I do? We were literally about 5 minutes from getting on. I had NO IDEA what ride we were waiting on. Was it a water roller coaster? Was it in the dark? Was it fast? WHAT WAS IT?????!!! So, I looked at the boys and said, "Guys, Mommy goofed. This isn't the ride I told you about. I have no idea what this ride is." They both looked at me waiting for me to say something else. So I said, "Do you want to stay in line or go back down?" They said they wanted to stay. So, a few minutes later, we were getting on our raft. We were told to sit Indian style and hold on to the straps on the sides.
And then, off we went. It was not a roller coaster. It was a water slide. It was not in the dark, but water splashed on you from EVERY angle. It was FAST!! As we got off and walked around the sidewalk, Jamie greeted us laughing. He had also figured out my mistake. Remmber when I was laughing at how silly those wet people in line looked..well, we WERE those people now..
That's WET y'all. Look at how my shorts are sticking to me. Cooper was shivering and Davis' lips were blue!! I literally had to wring my shirt out. We got on that ride about 1 pm. When we got back to our hotel, after supper, I was still damp. Turns out that the "grey square" we were asked to stand on was a scale. You had to reach a certain weight before they would let you ride. For those of you wondering, this was the ride we were on...
Yep. WATER is in the title TWICE!! I was so sure it was the log ride, I never even looked at the sign when we got in line. Definately one of the funnier moments of the trip. Jamie got his turn the next day....
Posted by Picasa

No comments: