Monday, September 3, 2012

..and I’m back…..

Well, summer is over and we are back to the school routine.  I got some of my goals accomplished on my hiatius. I got all the blog posts published in books up to the year 2011.  That was as far as I could go.  I can’t make a post then go upload in a book like I wanted. So, at the end of this year, I will be doing the 2012 book.  I also learned something while getting the blog published: stick to four or five pics per entry.  It just makes the layout in the book go much easier, and right now I need easy.  I was enjoying putting more than 4 pics at a time on the posts, but it was such a hassle to get them on a page layout for a book that I was about to go crazy!!! I got some of the yearbooks of pictures made as well.  Right now I am about to start on year 2005.  I worked on a new furniture project which is still not finished , but getting closer! It’s an old buffett that I am converting into a tv stand.  It had been painted grey and white, so I had to strip it down. Now I have to go and fill in some gashes and holes with putty then stain it… We had a super busy summer with all kinds of kid camps, and vacations, and projects.  School started back two weeks ago and Sister started with her bubbies this year.  My house is very quiet and a tad lonely.  I’m getting used to it though and pretty soon I’ll be busier than ever.  Each kid is starting fall activities soon.  I’m going to have a soccer player, a baseball player and a dancer. 

I believe I left off in July with posts on our Disney trip, so that’s where I will start up.  After we walked up Main Street among the throng of families just like ourselves, we decided to get one more family pic. We thought it would look nice in front of the castle. Also, because all the other families were doing it and we figured we should.  So. We got ourselves positioned the way we wanted.  A kind stranger offered to take one of all of us, so we accepted her offer. This is what we got:

May 2012 290

Maybe I expect too much, but when I think of a family pic in front of Cinderella’s castle, I kind of imagine the WHOLE castle in the pic and the WHOLE face of all the family members as well.  I don’t know, maybe its just me….

Thanks kind stranger for your help..but don’t quit your day job.

No comments: