Thursday, October 4, 2012

3, 2, 1…Blastoff!

 

I am NOT a roller coaster fan.  At all.  But.  I like this one.   Even though I know it’s not scary.  I’m still all jittery while waiting in line!  For some reason on this trip, I got it in my head that I wanted to take pictures while ON the rides.  I guess you already gathered that.  It became a mission. May 2012 445

I obviously knew that I would not be able to take pics on this roller coaster so I got this one right as you go into the darkness.  I wish it wasn’t so blurry, but we had already picked up quite a bit of speed.May 2012 452

I’m having a hard time concentrating on this post because my mind keeps drifting back to the events that happened to me yesterday.  It’s always something isn’t? I really don’t have a cute lead in to this.  My cell phone was stolen yesterday. Just like that.  One minute I had it and the next I didn’t.  We had been at the dance studio for Sister’s weekly class.  I had been showing a friend some pictures on it.  Then all the little girls came out and I directed my attention to finding Sister in the throng of pink tutus and the clickety-clack of little tap shoes.  I got her and rounded up the boys and all our backpacks and we headed out the door to the car.  When we got home 10 minutes later, I realized I didn’t have my phone.  I began to go through all our stuff looking for it, then went out to the car to look.  After several minutes of searching and re-searching ,I began to have a sliver of panic run up my spine.  I loaded the herd in the car and we headed back to town to the studio.  When we got there I looked around on the ground in the parking lot and then went in.  I borrowed the receptionists phone and dialed my number to see if it had maybe fallen down in the couch..no luck.  It never rang.  Went straight to voicemail.  That’s not good.  I got back in the car sweating.  On the way home, everyone was extremely quiet…they knew the situation was not good.  I got home and called J.  He tried to locate it using the Find My Phone App….but that didn’t work either..it had already been turned off.  So, at that point I head over to the AT&T store.  I’m slap miserable thinking about all the pictures I had and a few little special things I had tucked behind the phone inside the case.  I find out at the store that I was not eligible for an upgrade until March.  MARCH!!  J. arrived and he wondered if he was up for an upgrade and he was!  Shew! I got the last phone in the store yesterday.  We leave  with a brand new phone and case.  Normally I would be so excited, but I wasn’t.  I was mad.  I was more than mad.   Some sorry excuse for a human being had MY phone.   I have gone over and over in my head what could have happened.  I either set it down on the coffee table when Sister came clickity clacking out and left it, or I dropped it and didn’t realize it.  Either way, this low-life individual decided it was theirs for the taking, and did just that.  We get home last night and I have no contacts in my phone and I realize that I don’t know anyone’s actual number, I always just click their name and it dials them… I sorta giggled about that.  So, if you have my number please text or call me so I can get your info. back into my phone (I’m talking to you Mrs. MN!!)  J. is gonna try to use the backup tonight on our computer and see if we can restore any of my lost stuff.  Sure hope that works!  Oh, and I still have the same number!

No comments: