Monday, April 28, 2008

On Saturday morning, Jamie and I made the exceutive decision to go and get us a new lawn mower.....we didn't want some ho hum little push mower....we wanted a BIG 'UN!!! So we loaded up the family and we headed off to Sears. (That alone was sort of a production.....since we had to take two cars! LOL). We arrived home with a "gem" of a tractor.....or so we thought!
We were all so excited (that's how it is in Smallville, USA..everyone gets excited over a new lawn tractor!) I even got on and Jamie showed me how to use it....you know so I could give the kids rides on it. Surely nobody thought I would actually MOW with it!!!! LOL LOL Anyway, I had a bit of trouble getting used to the feel of it...at one point Jamie even said "Boys go inside, Mama's having some trouble!" It's that clutch thing.....oh well.(You have to get the mental image here: me letting off the clutch too fast and the mower flying forward so fast my head snaps back and then in reaction to that me slamming my foot back down and lurching forward over the steering wheel...FUNNY STUFF!!!) I finally got the hang of it and gave each kid a swing around the yard. Then Jamie got on and was ready to cut our grass. He spent about 30 minutes on it cutting the front and the backyard and then.........................the blade quit cutting! WHAT?!?!?!??! A brand new lawn tractor hot off the showroom floor and it quits?!?!?!?!? Just our luck.....so jamie heads back to Sears and they ended up giving us our money back. They were real nice about it..sort of shocked like we were. So anyway, we were the pround owners of a red craftsman lawn tractor for all of about 5 hours on Saturday.



What a cutie!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: