Friday, April 25, 2008

You know, some days I struggle with what to write on the blog. Then other days blog material just falls into my lap....this is one of those times! First of all, you have to understand that when odd accidents happen, they happen to Davis. Poor kid. Yesterday afternoon I was sitting at the computer (checking out EBay, no doubt) and Davis comes in whimpering. This is an evveryday occurance so I really didn't pay it much thought. He kept trying to tell me about the tractor falling over. He was so whiney and his words were so chopped up and he kept starting over in his explanation that it was all but impossible to understand what he was saying. So I said "Davis just show Mommy what happened." So he leads me to the back yard and this is what I see...............

My first reaction was shock...........then........as any good Mommy does...I started laughing! Mind you, I still haven't gotten the story about what happened. I'm thinking he pushed it over with his hands , because he has done that before. So I asked and he tells me HE WAS DRIVING IT when it fell over! I'm sure my eyes got rather wide at that moment. all I could think was how in the world did that battery not fall on his head?!?!!?(it's the blue box to the left of the tractor in the above picture) After he told me he was driving it I looked at the back of his shirt and sure enough there were the signs of a child who had been laid out on the ground! I'm still shaking my head about the whole thing! That battery was litterally ripped out. It totally separated from the connector. He must have been movin' on that thing! The only thing he was worried about......."Mommy is there dog poopie in my hair?"

Changing subjects............I was able to catch a few smiles today!
Our college student David, was holding her in this picture and she was really grinning at him. She seemed to think he was pretty cool!
Have a good weekend...tune in on Monday.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: